Friday, January 28, 2011

OK SO I HAVE BEEN BAD

will try to do better. Check "Send gas money" if you behind on the blogs and it will catch you up on what we have been doing. The best and biggest thing is the fact that I am cancer free as of now. I that was what I expected to hear but Wayne was greatly relieved to have it comfirmed. Now to get my iron levels up, was told to eat spinach, rasins and watercrest, have not found any watercrest but do have spinach and rasins. Spent yesterday afternoon playing in my kitchen, made a marinated spinach salad, cream of spinach soup and still have more spinach to stir fry some. Let me tell you it is a big batch of spinach when you buy at Costco. I also make a tomato cucumber salad. It was fun playing in the kitchen for a change. Do not do that often since all Wayne wants it hambers, hotdogs, steaks, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. We did get some Prime prime rib steaks and do believe that was one of the best steaks I have had in a long time.

Since we were here at Ocotilla Wells last they have built a new visitor center, it is really nice and is not completly done yet. Here are some of the animal they had on display. Will just tell you about each picture. Big horn sheep skull, 3 old farts visiting, some of the rigs that arrived later. Saber tooth cat skull, me holding our cache for the day (27 days), our lonely rig before everyone started arriving. More rigs, there are 7 of us now, last year we only had 8 rigs in all, more are coming today. Center Pix Desert spitfire, and the last pix is a coyote. There is so much imformation and things to see in the visitor center. This is a very kid friendly visitor center.

Time to start breakfast I hear the "Old Fart" moving around. B
Posted by Picasa

No comments: