Wednesday, July 11, 2012

TODAY WAS GRANDPA'S DAY

When it's Grandpa's day we head for Bandon OR. First stop was Big Wheel General Store, time to get a new sweatshirt, or what ever it is that his our fancy. Trace, Cassidy and Tami got sweatshirts, I decided to get sweatpants, even found a cute pink pair. Here is Cassidy and Trace shopping. From there we hit some of the other shops, only bought some things at the candy store. They have the best corn nuts so this year I got 6 packages.
Lunch time found us at Bandon Fish market, Wayne and Tami had fish, the fish is good (not as good as J's tho) I had a crab sandwich and Cassidy and Trace had Corn dogs.
After lunch we checked out the pier, if you enlarge the picture you can read about the pier if you want more info. Beautiful carvings, not sure if they are the same as last year but do believe they are. I think the world globe is new. Trace is such a lightweight and the wind was blowing so hard he had to hang on or get blown away.
This year the pier fence was decorated with dragon drawings from the Jr and Sr high school students. It was hard to decide which ones to post, and I still did not get a picture of all of them.
Our last stop before heading back to camp was the "C0quille River Lighthouse. Trace and I did the tower tour, it is only 47 feet high, I have been up there before but forgot I am older now, just took me a little longer to get up and down. Cassidy and Tami had flip-flops on so they could on to. Once again enlarge the collage and you can read about the lighthouse.

Today is overcast so it is a lot colder than yesterday, do not believe I will be going to the beach today. B
Posted by Picasa

No comments: